Care and Instructions for Night Guard
Care of Night Guard
- Keep it clean: Brush with toothpaste (or liquid hand soap) and warm water.
- Keep it safe: Store in container when not wearing.
- Do not expose it to heat that may distort shape.
- Do not boil in water
- Do not leave in hot, sun-exposed area
Points to Remember
- Your night guard is an appliance custom fit to your teeth only.
- You must wear your night guard often in order to keep your teeth aligned in a stable position.
- Failure to wear your night guard may result in excessive wear and/or fracture of your teeth that may require extensive dental work to repair.
- Failing to regularly wear your night guard may result in drifting of your teeth to a degree that your night guard will no longer fit properly.
- Your night guard will eventually wear thin, chip or break and will need replacement. Please bring your night guard with you to most future dental appointments so that it may be inspected by the dentist.
- Please call our office if you experience any pain or discomfort from your night guard. Use of your Night Guard
DO NOT USE HEAT. If you desire, you may apply an ice pack over the area for 20 minutes every hour for 3 to 4 hours.
Use of your Night Guard
- Place your night guard securely onto your teeth applying pressure equally on both sides.
- Remove night guard by gently prying away from your teeth with your fingers. Try to apply equal pressure to both the right and left sides.
- Inspect your night guard regularly for signs of breakage.