Instructions For Extreme High Risk Caries Prevention
(High Risk plus Dry Mouth)
- Tooth brushing. Your goal is to brush after every meal using an ADA approved fluoride tooth paste such as Crest or Colgate. If you were prescribed Prevident 5000 toothpaste, use as directed.
- Flossing. Your goal is to floss daily.
- Use 100% Xylitol products 3-5 times daily. You may use either chewing gum or mints. The Spry brand is the best.
- MI Paste Plus. After brushing in the morning and evening, apply a generous layer to the tooth surface using a clean finger. Leave undisturbed for 3 minutes. Then use your tongue to spread over your teeth.
- Rinsing. Please fill the prescription for Chlorhexidine Gluconate. Rinse only for the first seven days of each month. The directions are to rinse twice daily for 30 seconds and spit out excess. Do not rinse within 30 minutes of using the MI Paste Plus.
- For Dry Mouth. Maintain a low sugar diet. Mix 2 teaspoons of baking soda with 8 ounces of water and sip frequently throughout the day. This will keep your oral pH balanced to prevent the acid attack that starts tooth decay.