Post-Op Instructions Following Whitening
- Place tip cap on syringe nozzle after each use to avoid potential product leakage.
- Try to minimize consumption of coffee, tea, red wine and tobacco because these substances may re-stain the teeth during and after the whitening process.
- Continue good oral hygiene throughout the treatment.
- Store any remaining whitening gel in a cool, dry place for later use once the whitening process is complete.
- Use the treatment while pregnant or lactating.
- Use any household or other whitening products to whiten your teeth.
- Overload whitening trays with gel since gum irritation may occur.
- Eat, drink or smoke while wearing your trays.
For Optimum Results:
- Treatment should be uninterrupted. If you must skip a day or two, the process must be extended to compensate for the time missed. In order to maintain the whitest tooth shade possible, it is always best to avoid substances such as coffee, tea, red wine and tobacco.
- Some patients experience increased tooth sensitivity to cold during the treatment. Others may have nonspecific sensitivity in their teeth, gums, tongue, lips or throat. If any of these symptoms occur and are more than mild, discontinue the treatment until you speak to your dental professional. The symptom should subside within 1 – 3 days after interrupting the treatment.
- Once you have completed the treatment, your teeth may be slightly whiter than they will remain. The final color will be achieved about two weeks after finishing the whitening process. If you notice that you are acquiring some stain, you may do a touch up for a day or every 4-6 months.
I understand that whitening is not an exact science and that, therefore, reputable practitioners cannot guarantee results. I acknowledge that no guarantee or assurance has been made to be by anyone regarding the whitening procedure that I have requested and authorized for myself. I have had full opportunity to discuss and ask questions regarding the dental treatment, and all questions have been answered to my satisfaction.